12.14.2011

A Quick Rant...

I'm SO tired of living my life to please other people... Tired of the overly critical nature of my family. They constantly remind me of all that I have failed to accomplish. They do it "jokingly" but it's ALL. THE. TIME!!! They never dwell on my accomplishments (though very few).. as a matter of fact, the positive things that I've done are never even acknowledged. No one wants to always have their past actions/situations thrown in their face... especially when they are less than becoming..

I know I have to get away from it all soon though. Everyday I regret coming here & I regret not doing what I wanted to do instead of what others wanted me to do. I regret living for them & not myself. & I definitely regret giving into the guilt trips that are constantly thrown my way when my own opinion varies from theirs.
I'm tired of living my life in regret of what could have been. But I digress.. All I can do at this point is take steps to rectify the problem. Let's hope I know what I'm doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment